Highlights, India vs West Indies, 1st ODI from Guyana: Hello and welcome to our coverage of the 1st ODI of the three-match series between India and West Indies from the Providence Stadium in Guyana. The Men in Blue are high in confidence after clean sweeping the three-match T20I series. With the senior players back in the squad, India will look to continue their dominance against a West Indies side which has endured a poor World Cup tournament. However, the main focus will be on India's middle-order. KL Rahul is expected to bat at No.4 as Shikhar Dhawan retains his opening spot along with Rohit. While the No.5 position will be between Manish Pandey and Shreyas Iyer. It's an action-packed day and plenty to expect in this firecracker of a match as Chris Gayle returns to the side as well. (Match Scorecard) (Stream IND vs WI)
* MATCH HAS BEEN ABANDONED! - The thing we feared the most has happened. The rain caused trouble throughout the day and when it did not rain, the water that the rain gods left behind also caused issues. In the end the combination of both was enough for the umpires to abandon this game. Only 13 overs could be bowled today.
* Update 15.05 Local (19.05 GMT) - It continues to drizzle here in Guyana and if we are to have a 20-over game then it must resume by 1600 Local. It looks grim but let's pray that we do get the game.
* Update 14.30 Local (18.30 GMT) - There is a good news. The rains have stopped and slowly the covers are coming off too.
* Update 13.55 Local (17.55 GMT) - Not a news you would have wanted to hear. The rain is getting heavier and more covers are on the ground now.
* Oh no! This is bad! It has started to rain again and the players are once again off the field. The covers are coming back on. This is the sight every cricket fan absolutely hates to see.
* Khaleel is back on.
23.06 IST: Ravindra Jadeja to Evin Lewis, Jadeja is welcomed with three. Ravindra bowls it short around off, Lewis punches it through cover-point. Shreyas Iyer gives it a chase and manages to pull it just before the ropes. He lobs it back to Kedar who was running from cover. The batsmen meanwhile comeback for the third.
* Ravindra Jadeja into the attack now. He replaces the young Khaleel Ahmed.
23.02 IST: Kuldeep Yadav to Shai Hope, Hope is off the mark straightaway. Tossed up on middle, Hope strokes it towards long-on and gets to the other end. WI 42/1 in 10.1 overs
23.01 IST: Kuldeep Yadav to Chris Gayle, OUT! Bowled! The Universe Boss is out of here. West Indies lose their first wicket and it is the wrist-spinner who has given India the breakthrough.
22.57 IST: Khaleel Ahmed to Evin Lewis, SIX!
22.53 IST: Kuldeep Yadav to Evin Lewis, Beauty to begin with! Kuldeep starts with a flighted ball on off, it is slower though the air. Lewis looks to defend but the ball spins away and beats him all ends up.
* Kuldeep Yadav is into the attack now.
22.50 IST: Khaleel Ahmed to Evin Lewis, SIX! Lewis has demolished that. Back of a length ball on middle and leg, Lewis gets on his back foot and whacks his pull over the mid-wicket fence for a mammoth six.
22.48 IST: Khaleel Ahmed to Evin Lewis, FOUR! Bad start for Khaleel. He misses his line and bowls the first one down the leg side, Lewis just helps it fine down the leg side and the ball races away to the fine leg fence for a boundary.
22.45 IST: Bhuvneshwar Kumar to Evin Lewis, SIX! First one of the game! Shorter ball on middle and leg, Lewis picks it early and pulls it over deep square leg.
22.43 IST: Bhuvneshwar Kumar to Evin Lewis, Another inside edge! Inswinging ball on a length around off and middle, Lewis looks to play it on the offside but gets an inside edge onto the pads.
22.42 IST: Mohammed Shami to Chris Gayle, Ohh! Shami steams in and bowls an inswinging ball on off, Gayle looks to defend but it goes off the inside edge towards square leg. Just one run of this very long 6th over.
22.41 IST: Mohammed Shami to Chris Gayle, Shami comes around the wicket and bowls a full ball close to off, Gayle pushes it to the left of cover but no run.
* Okay this time, we will go slow. The umpires are out in the middle. Th Indian players follow them out. Evin Lewis and Chris Gayle stride out to resume their innings. Gayle will be on strike and Shami will bowl out the remaining 2 balls of his 3rd over.
* UPDATE 1306 Local - Good news!!! The game will resume at 1310 Local. The overs have now been further reduced. It is a 34-over game now.
* We are hearing that there will be an inspection at 1300 Local.
* This is commentator's curse now. We were all set, the players were out in the middle but the wet patches are taking their sweet time to set off and the players once again walk back to the pavilion.
* Another small delay as the groundstaff are clearing the wet patches.
* We are back for the resumption. Gayle and Lewis walk back out to the middle to continue their innings. Shami to bowl the remaining 2 balls to finish the over.
* Just a confirmation. It is now a 40-over game. With the Powerplay 1 now reduced to 8 overs. Powerplay 2 to be from over no. 9 to over no. 32 and the last 8 to be Powerplay 3.
* Good news!!! The rains have stopped and the dark clouds have moved away. We should resume soon now.
* Oh no! Just what we did not want! The heavens have opened up again and the players are off the field and the groundsmen are out with the covers.
21.23 IST: Mohammed Shami to Chris Gayle, Fuller on middle and leg, Gayle pushes it to mid on. Oh no! The clouds are getting dark...and it has started to rain.
21.19 IST: Bhuvneshwar Kumar to Evin Lewis, Edged but safe! Lewis riding his luck here. Bhuvneshwar bends his back and hits the deck hard on-off. The ball moves away and finds the outside edge of Evin's defensive blade. It flies towards the vacant gully region and towards the man at third man. Single taken.
21.14 IST: Mohammed Shami to Chris Gayle, Length ball on off, Gayle pushes it wide of cover and gets to the other end.
21.11 IST: Bhuvneshwar Kumar to Chris Gayle, Slight sign of aggression. Gayle comes down the track for the first time. He looks to flick this length ball on middle and off, Chris is early though and he ends up hitting it back to the bowler off the upper half of his bat.
21.10 IST: Bhuvneshwar Kumar to Chris Gayle, Away swinging the ball on off, it moves away and Gayle leaves it alone.
21.07 IST: Mohammed Shami to Evin Lewis, In the air but safe! West Indies are off the mark but it is not in the most convincing manner. Back of a length ball on off, Lewis looks to play it on the offside but the ball takes the outside edge and flies towards the third man. Single taken.
* Mohammed Shami to bowl from the other end
21.04 IST: Bhuvneshwar Kumar to Chris Gayle, Uppish but safe. Fuller ball on off, Gayle pushes it uppishly towards cover but it is well short of the man there.
21.01 IST: Bhuvneshwar Kumar to Chris Gayle, Starts with a fuller ball just around off, Gayle looks to defend it inside the line and lets the ball go to the keeper as he knew that it was swinging away from him.
21.00 IST: After a long delay, we are all set to begin! The Indian players walk out to the middle. They are in a huddle before they take on their respective positions in the field. The returning, Chris Gayle walks out to the middle. Evin Lewis is the man partnering the Universe Boss out in the middle.
20.36 IST: West Indies Playing XI is here:
20.34 IST: Playing XI of India is out:
20.32 IST: Indian skipper Virat Kohli win toss, opt to bowl against West Indies in Guyana.
20.01 IST: Good News! Well, its an on and off situation for now, but the sun is out and the covers are being removed!
19.55 IST: Bad News! Hate to be the bearer of unfortunate news but it has started to drizzle once again and the covers are back on!
19.09 IST: Good News! It has stopped raining and the sun has come out! The ground staff working on the field at the moment.
18.30 IST: BAD NEWS! TOSS is delayed as it is pelting down in Guyana. The covers are firmly sealed at the moment. We can only wait from here on.
Hello and welcome to our live coverage of the India vs West Indies 1st ODI Live from Guyana. The TOSS will take place at 6.30 PM IST and play will commence from 7.00 PM IST. Stay tuned for further updates.
Brief Preview: With an air of invincibility, India return to the format that gave them a heartbreak in the not-too-distant past, facing West Indies in the first of three-match ODI series on Thursday. Shikhar Dhawan makes a comeback in the format where he has been India's third-best player after skipper Virat Kohli and his deputy Rohit Sharma. (Read Full Preview Here)