In his monthly radio programme Mann Ki Baat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today touched a number of topics including IncredibleIndia and Yoga Day.
Here are the major highlights of his address:
* During my last 'Mann ki Baat', I asked you to share pictures from across India using the hashtag '#IncredibleIndia'.
* So many people have shared pictures using this hashtag. We will continue this.
* The world must get a glimpse of Incredible India.
* It is a matter of pride that Yoga was performed all over the world on International Yoga Day.
* The rays of the sun were welcomed by yoga all over the world.
* The way in which Yoga was respected by the entire world, there won't be a single Indian who wouldn't be proud
* On 21st June when I saw the glimpses of UN Secretary General doing Yoga at the UN Headquarters, I felt happy
* Yoga was performed at some of the most iconic locations around the world - Eiffel Tower in Paris, Times Square in New York and Opera House in Sydney.
* Our Army performed yoga at Siachen and our Navy did it on their ships.
* Curiosity has grown around the world about India. The world wants to know about our culture, tradition and values. We have to spread our message of non-violence to the world.
* But to do this, we need to be proud of ourselves. There are many such things that our ancestors have left us. And the world can benefit by accessing these.
* We had set ourselves a target to build toilets in all schools by August 15. The date is almost upon us.
* It was a task that had not been achieved in 60 years that we resolved to do in months.
* I am happy to say we have made great strides.
* In the past few months, we have launched 3 welfare schemes. In a short span of time, over 10 crore people have joined that scheme.
* Raksha Bandhan is upon us. The tradition is for men to give gifts to women they consider their sisters.
* On Raksha Bandhan can we present these schemes worth Rs 12 or Rs 330 to our sisters?
* When Jan Dhan accounts had to be opened the bank employees became very active and did the work.
* ‘Kaam Karti Sarkar' - this is how I see the events of the past few days
* There is an AYUSH department but it never drew much attention. On #InternationalDayofYoga it was AYUSH department that led the way
* The world saw how we rescued the stranded in Yemen. We rushed to Nepal within hours during the #earthquake
* When the government wants to work for the welfare of everyone, everyone contributes to that effort.
* Lot of people share their suggestions for 'Mann ki Baat'. A lot of people asked me to talk about monsoon
* The first day of rain is always welcomed enthusiastically by everyone. I am sure most of you would have enjoyed the rain with pakodas and hot tea.
* Every drop of water is important. Each drop should be conserved.
* In this season let us plant as many trees as possible
* The rainy season is also one where there are a lot of diseases around. Most of you drink only boiled water.
* The government is also implementing its 'Beti Bachao Beti Padhao' campaign.
* I am happy that a sarpanch in Haryana initiated a 'selfie with daughter'.
* I urge all of you to share a selfie with your daughters, using the hashtag #SelfieWithDaughter.
* Share this with a tagline that will promote the 'Beti Bachao Beti Padhao' campaign.
* Yoga shouldn't be limited to one day. Keep practicing yoga and you will see the results