It was BJP leader Zafar Islam who accompanied Jyotiraditya Scindia towards his new journey in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). The Gwalior royalty resigned from Congress on Tuesday, ending his 18-year-old long association with the grand old party. But who made this transition for Scindia a smooth process? The name is Zafar Islam, who was tasked with bringing Scindia to the saffron party's fold.
Who is Zafar Islam
- Zafar Islam is a BJP spokesperson and a well-known face in the media. He is the man who played a key role in facilitating things and bringing Scindia into the BJP camp.
- Before venturing into politics, Zafar Islam worked for a foreign bank and drew a hefty salary.
- Influenced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's brand of politics, Zafar Islam later joined the BJP.
- Soft-spoken in nature, Zafar Islam is said to have a "good relation" with PM Modi, which could probably be the reason for him getting this herculian task at hand.
- It is believed that Islam and Scindia know each other since a long time and both used to meet often too. However, since the last five month, they were meeting "quite often".
- Even on Monday and Tuesday, Jafar was present at 7, Lok Kalyan Marg during Jyotiraditya Scindia's meeting with Prime Minister Modi.
- In fact, when Home Minister Amit Shah went to Modi's residence along with Scindia, Islam was present in the car.