India has not demanded the arrest of Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed and the issue did not even figure in the Foreign Secretary-level talks with Pakistan last month, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said.
"You will be surprised that they made no demand (for the arrest of Saeed). They did not even mention Hafiz Saeed in the entire talks," Qureshi told reporters in his hometown of Multan.
He was responding to a question on whether India had demanded Saeed's arrest.
Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit had told a briefing on Thursday that India had not asked for the handing over of Saeed, who is also the founder of the Lashker-e-Taiba.
India has described Saeed as the mastermind behind the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
Following talks with her Pakistani counterpart last month, Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao had said that Pakistan should take action against persons like Saeed and control their activities.
Qureshi also told the reporters that Pakistan is not interested in "talks for the sake of talks" and "photo opportunities".
Instead, it wants talks that are result-oriented and meaningful, he said.
"Our stand is very clear we were ready for talks yesterday and we are ready today too. But we want purposeful and meaningful talks," he said.