- Two have been arrested for firing on AIMIM prez Asaduddin Owaisi's convoy
- The incident occurred when Owaisi was leaving Meerut's Kithoudh area for Delhi
- According to sources, Owaisi will meet Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla to discuss the issue today
Two have been arrested for firing on All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) president Asaduddin Owaisi's convoy when he was leaving Meerut's Kithoudh area for Delhi after poll campaigning, police informed said.
"Two persons have been arrested for firing on AIMIM MP Asaduddin Owaisi's convoy while he was returning to Delhi after campaigning in Uttar Pradesh. The investigation is underway," Superintendent of Police Hapur, Deepak Bhuker said.
Bhuker informed that the accused were hurt by Owaisi's "anti-Hindu" statements. Owaisi will raise the issue of a security breach and attack on his convoy in Parliament on Friday, said sources.
According to sources, Owaisi will meet Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla at 3:30 pm today to discuss the issue.Additionally, the ADG (Law and order) of UP Police, Prashant Kumar spoke about the update in the firing incident in Hapur district and said, "An FIR has been lodged under section 307 IPC and 7 CLA act in PS Pilkhua and both the accused have been arrested. A detailed investigation in the case is being undertaken under the supervision of senior officers."
Here are the details of the arrested accused:
1. Sachin Sharma, resident of Duriyai PS, Badalpur District, Gautam Budha Nagar
2. Shubham, resident of Sapla Begampur PS, Nakud District, Saharanpur
Meanwhile, Akbaruddin Owaisi, brother of Asaduddin, also reached Delhi late Thursday night.AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi was in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh's Meerut for campaigning on Thursday.
The Uttar Pradesh assembly election for the 403 assembly seats would be held in seven phases from February 10 to March 7. The counting of votes will take place on March 10.