PM Modi on Tuesday addressed the nation as the country is exiting from the coronavirus lockdown in a phased manner. In his today's address, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that the lockdown may have ended but virus has not gone away, urging citizens not to stop following all the precautions to check the spread of the virus. It was PM Modi's 7th such address to the nation ever since the lockdown was imposed in the country to fight the coronavirus pandemic. Announcing about his today's address earlier in the day, PM Modi took to Twitter and said, "I will address the nation with a message at 6 pm today. I will share a message with my countrymen and urge the people to join me."
PM Modi's address to nation | Highlights
- Recently, we saw many photos and videos where it is clearly seen that people are not careful anymore. This isn't right. If you step out without mask, you put your families at risk. We must remember - whether it is America or Europe, cases declined and then there was sudden spike.
- The fatality rate in India is 83 out of every 10 Lakh population in India, whereas it is more than 600 in countries like the US, Brazil, Spain, Britain.
- Today, the recovery rate in the country is good. The fatality rate is low. 5,500 people out of every 10 Lakh population in India are infected, whereas in countries like the US and Brazil, this figure is around 25,000.
- Till the time there is a vaccine against coronavirus, we can't be complacent about this disease. We are working on war scale to develop the vaccine and ensure its availability to every Indian.
- In the fight against coronavirus, Indians have come a long way from Janta curfew to present. However, we need to be on alert even now. We should not think tha coronavirus has gone away. We can't afford to down our guard.
- In this festive season, markets are bright again but we need to remember that the lockdown might have ended but coronavirus still persists. With efforts of every Indian over last 7-8 months, India is in a stable situation, we must not let it deteriorate.
- Beginning his address to the nation, PM Modi said that lockdown may have ended, but virus has not gone away.
- PM Modi begins his address to the nation.
In his previous addresses to the nation during the lockdown, PM Modi interacted with the people over how the country was fighting the pandemic, how well it succeeded. He also spoke about how the nation was prepared to deal with it further and urging citizens to keep taking precautions, follow all the COVID norms so that the country faces a least impact of the pandemic.
India's coronavirus meter
India has the second highest number of coronavirus cases in the world after United States. As of October 20, India's covid cases have crossed 75 lakh mark with more than 1.5 lakh deaths. However, according to the World Health Organisation, India has surpassed its peak with graph of the per day cases finally going down.