Live tv
search
  1. You Are At:
  2. English News
  3. India
  4. Maharashtra govt to give free health insurance to all citizens

Maharashtra govt to give free health insurance to all citizens

Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope has announced that all citizens of the state will be given a free health insurance scheme. Maharashtra will also become the first state to provide free cashless insurance to all its citizens.

India TV News Desk Edited by: India TV News Desk Mumbai Updated on: May 02, 2020 13:32 IST
Maharashtra govt to give free health insurance to all citizens

Maharashtra govt to give free health insurance to all citizens

Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope has announced that all citizens of the state will be given a free health insurance scheme. Maharashtra will also become the first state to provide free cashless insurance to all its citizens. 

Tope announced this on the occasion of Maharashtra Day event in Jalna on Friday. He said that 85 per cent of the state's population was covered under the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana (MJPJAY) at present and the cover will be extended to the remaining 15 per cent.

"A memorandum was signed to include government, semi- government employees and white ration card holders in the scheme in a bid to prevent private hospitals from overcharging patients, he said. The government has signed a MoU with the General Insurance Public Sector Association (GIPSA) for treatment of COVID-19 patients at private hospitals in Pune and Mumbai," he said.

 

Latest India News