A massive fire broke out at a spice factory on Monday in Kodangipatti in Tamil Nadu’s Theni district.
The fire, reportedly sparked by a malfunctioning air-conditioning unit, began around 7.30 am.
As of now, no injuries have been reported. The blaze rapidly engulfed more areas of the factory building.
Meanwhile, As many as 12 fire and rescue services personnel from Madurai and Dindigul are at the spot to douse the flame.
News agency ANI reported that raw material worth Rs. 5 crore were destroyed in the fire.
The cause of the fire was attributed to a power outage at around 8 a.m. in the morning.
The factory is a major supplier of spices within the state and to Kerala.