Delhi Lieutenant Governor (LG) V.K. Saxena on Friday ordered the immediate transfer of 12 Indian Administrative Services (IAS) officers. In an official notification, the LG office said that the Delhi LG has ordered transfer/ posting/assignment of 12 IAS officers.
The twelve officers who have been transferred include:
- Jitendra Narain (AGMUT: 1990)
- Anil Kumar Singh (AGMUT: 1995)
- Vivek Pandey (AGMUT: 2003)
- Shurbir Singh (AGMUT: 2004)
- Garima Gupta (AGMUT: 2004)
- Ashish Madhaorao More (AGMUT: 2005)
- Udit Prakash Rai (AGMUT: 2007)
- Vijendra Singh Rawat (AGMUT: 2007)
- Krishan Kumar (AGMUT: 2010)
- Kalyan Sahay Meena (AGMUT: 2010)
- Sonal Swaroop (AGMUT: 2012)
- Hemant Kumar (AGMUT: 2013)
The CBI on Friday raided the home of Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia and 30 other locations in connection with alleged corruption in the implementation of the Delhi Excise Policy. The AAP condemned the raids with Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal claiming the agency has been "asked from above" to harass its leaders. The BJP asked the Delhi government to come out clean on its excise policy.
The 15-hour-long searches at the AAP leader's home, the residence of IAS officer and former excise commissioner Arava Gopi Krishna and 29 other places took place after the CBI registered an FIR for alleged corruption and bribery formulation and execution of the Delhi Excise Policy brought out last November, officials said.
The CBI, which registered an FIR in a special court here on Wednesday, began its raids from 8 am in seven states, including the residence of Sisodia who immediately tweeted about the arrival of the sleuths and "welcomed" the move. The search operation continued for nearly 15 hours with the CBI team leaving Sisodia's residence at around 11 pm.