At least 67 employees of a multinational company were admitted to hospital on Tuesday in Noida, following a suspected gas leak on its premises.
The incident was reported from the washing machine unit of South Korea-based Samsung in Noida Phase-II around 5 pm, sources said.
A company spokesperson, however, denied that there was a gas leakage from the unit saying no gas was used there for any process.
Kailash Hospital Chairman Mahesh Sharma said around 67 people were admitted with complaints of headache, nausea and breathlessness.
Most of them were discharged from hospital but eight are still under observation, of which six are in the ICU, the company spokesperson said adding the management suspect that gas might have leaked from vehicles which were passing through its premises. PTI