A special CBI court on Monday sentenced Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh to 20 years in jail for rape of his two followers. Judge Jagdeep Singh in his 9-page order pronounced two sentences of 10 years rigorous imprisonment in each of the two rapes that date back to 2002, three days after the conviction of the Dera chief that sparked violence leaving 38 dead and scores injured in Haryana.
Shortly after the sentence was pronounced, two former sewadars at Dera headquarters in Sirsa came forward to tell horrific stories. Gurdas Singh Tur, a former sewadar who worked at the printing press inside the Dera campus, and Khatta Singh who says he worked as manager at the Dera headquarters, shared explosive details of the way Ram Rahim operated.
Here is the highlight of their exclusive interview with India TV Editor-in-Chief Rajat Sharma:
- Ram Rahim trained two people, Kuldeep and Nirmal, to shoot with his revolver. I witnessed this and a few days later, journalist Ram Chander Chhatrapati was shot dead. Kuldeep and Nirmal were arrested for the murder of Chhatrapati: Gurdas Singh
- I have many girls from Dera who have been sexually exploited by Ram Rahim but they are afraid to come out becasue they fear for their lives: Gurdas Singh
- Followers have been taught that if someone speaks foul of their Guru, their hands must be chopped: Gurdas Singh
- I know some of the Sadhus who were castrated by Ram Rahim's doctors at Dera: Gurdas Singh
- Even top police officers have to deposit their weapons before entering the Dera: Gurdas Singh
- Nobody knows the exact number of girls who have been gone through this, 200 or 250: Khatta Singh
- Many girls herself told me about what they had been through: Khatta Singh
- He (Ram Rahim) calls them daughters but if you get conduct medical checkup of them, you will find out that they have been raped: Khatta Singh
- Nothing happens without his (Ram Rahim) approval. Whatever happened in Panchkula was planned by him: Khatta Singh
- Ram Rahim talks about female foeticide, but numerous abortions take place at his hospital: Khatta Singh