Over 70 girl students of the Kasturba Gandhi Vidyalaya at Awagarh here have taken ill allegedly after consuming food in the school, official sources said.
The girls felt uneasy after consuming food last night and were taken to a hospital where their condition was stated to be stable, they said.
The girls suffered from food poisoning, the doctors treating them said.
Taking note of the incident District Magistrate Amit Kishore ordered a magisterial probe into the matter.
Kishore, who has also ordered collection of food samples from the school, said the report of the incident will be sent to the government after probe