The Congress party today termed as ‘unprecedented’ the decision of four senior-most judges of the Supreme Court to hold a press conference.
Addressing the media here, Congress leader Randeep Singh Surjewala said that the grand old party was “deeply perturbed by the development”.
Party president Rahul Gandhi said that “points raised by the judges need to be looked into carefully”, adding that “the issue needs to be addressed”.
The party also demanded a SIT probe into the charges made by all four senior judges of the top court.
Rahul Gandhi addressed media in New Delhi on SC judges issue:
* All citizens who love the idea of justice are looking at this issue, needs to be addressed: Rahul Gandhi
* Points raised by the Honourable judges need to be looked into carefully, even Justice Loya's death needs to be investigated properly: Rahul Gandhi
# Rahul Gandhi terms SC judges addressing media ‘unprecedented’.
* Observations made by Honourable judges are extremely disturbing and have far reaching consequences: Surjewala
* Justice Loya’s death needs to be looked into: Congress leader Randeep Singh Surjewala
# Congress demands SIT probe into charges.
* Observations made by judges extremely disturbing, says Randeep Singh Surjewala
* The Congress party is deeply perturbed by the development: Congress leader Randeep Singh Surjewala
Without disclosing what they were upset about, the four judges -- Justice J Chelameswar (the No.2 in the apex court hierarchy), Justice Ranjan Gogoi, Justice Kurien Joseph and Justice Madan B Lokur, said that “they have been compelled to do this”.
They said that "administration of the Supreme Court is not in order and that many things less than desirable have happened in the last few months”.
All four of them said that “they were convinced that for the survival of democracy an impartial judge and justices are needed”.