Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) from Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh. With the launch, first instalment of Rs 2000 was directly credited to the bank accounts of selected beneficiary farmers. The prime minister congratulated the farmers for the launch of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi. He also congratulated farmer families engaged in dairy farming, and fisheries, as they now have access to Kisan Credit Cards. The Prime Minister said that this day is etched in history, because the biggest scheme for farmers since independence, has begun today.
Here is all you need to know about PM-KISAN scheme:
1. About 12 crore farmers are expected to benefit from PM-KISAN.
2. Through this scheme, Rs. 75,000 crore will be transferred to farmers’ accounts every year.
3. State Governments will send the lists of beneficiary farmers to the Union Government at the earliest, so that farmers can receive the benefit of this scheme in time.
4. While the loan waivers announced periodically by earlier Governments, did not provide long term or comprehensive relief to the farmers, PM-KISAN will not only provide them relief, but will also mark a massive investment in the rural economy.
5. PM-KISAN depends on direct transfer, and therefore the entire amount will reach the beneficiary.
6. Government is also investing about one lakh crore rupees to complete long pending irrigation projects, which will be of great and lasting help to farmers in many parts of the country.
7. PM Modi also mentioned the 17 crore soil health cards, neem coating of urea, MSP for 22 crops at 50 percent above the cost price, PM Fasal Bima Yojana, and the e-NAM platform.
8. Farmers can now avail credit uptoRs. 1.60 lakh, through Kisan Credit Cards.