1. You Are At:
  2. Home
  3. India News
  4. No Indian casualty in London terror attack, says Sushma Swaraj

No Indian casualty in London terror attack, says Sushma Swaraj

External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Wednesday night said that there is no report of any Indian casualty so far in the London terror attack near the UK Parliament.

India TV News Desk, New Delhi [ Updated: March 23, 2017 7:52 IST ]
Sushma swaraj

External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Wednesday night said that there is no report of any Indian casualty so far in the London terror attack near the UK Parliament.

Five people were killed and nearly 40 injured after a suspected Islamist-inspired attacker went on a deadly rampage neat the British Parliament.

Sushma Swaraj further said that Indian High Commission is there to help all Indian nationals in London.

“ I am in constant touch with Indian High Commission in London. There is no Indian casualty reported so far,” Sushma Swaraj tweeted.

“Indian High Commission is there to help all Indian nationals in London,” she added.  

The Foreign minister also released two numbers of Indian High Commission's Public Response Unit for people who needed any help or information.

The numbers are 020 8629 5950 and 020 7632 3035.

India has strongly condemned the terror attack in London.

 

"There is no place in democracies and civilized societies for terrorism," the external affairs ministry said in a statement.

Meanwhile, the Indian High Commission in London has advised people to avoid visiting Parliament Square and check Metropolitan Police website for further details on the attack.

Write a comment

Live Scorecard