In view of Krishna Janmashtami festival on September 3, Delhi Police has issued a traffic advisory to avoid congestion in prominent areas. This year Gokulashtami is being celebrated on September 2 and September 3, with puja timings beginning from 8:47 pm on Sunday and continuing up till 7:20 pm on Monday. 'Janmashtami' marks the birth anniversary of Lord Krishna, the eight avatar of Lord Vishnu. The festival is celebrated with traditional gaiety across the country every year.
Prominent areas to witness Janmashtami celebrations in Delhi:
1. Laxmi Narain Mandir
2. ISKCON Temple, Sant Nagar, Amar Colony
3. Janmashtami Park, Punjabi Bagh
4. Gufawala Mandir, Preet Vihar
5. Adhya Katyani Shakti Peeth, Chhattarpur
6. Santoshi Mata Mandir, Hari Nagar
Restrictions around Laxmi Narain Mandir on Mandir Marg during Janmashtami on September 3, from 2 pm onwards:
No vehicle will be allowed on Mandir Marg from R/A Talkatora Stadium towards Mandir Marg upto Peshwa Road - Mandir Marg T-point and vice-versa. Similarly no vehicle will be allowed on Mandir Lane from R/A Shankar Road to Mandir Marg, Delhi Police said in an advisory.
List of restrictions for buses and commercial vehicles:
1. Panchkuian Road - Mandir Marg 'T'-Point towards Mandir Marg.
2. R/A GPO and Kali Barg - Bhai Veer Singh Marg towards Kali Bari Marg
3. R/A Gole Market towards Peshwa Road
4. Kali Bari Marg -Udyan Marg towards Mandir Marg
5. Peshwa Road towards Mandir Marg
6. Peshwa Road-Udyan Marg T-Point towards Mandir Marg
7. R/A Talkatora Stadium towards Mandir Marg
8. Kali Bari Marg - R.K Ashram Marg towards Mandir Marg
9. Mandir Lane from R/A Shankar Road to Mandir Marg
10.Park Street - RK Ashram Marg T-point towards Kali Bari Marg
Buses originating from Shivaji Stadium and going towards Mandir Marg will be diverted towards Panchkuian Road or towards R/A GPO as per the routes of the buses.
Restrictions around ISKCON Temple, Sant Nagar, Amar Colony
The eastern carriageway of Raja Dheer Sain Marg between Capt Gaur Marg and Sant Nagar, towards ISKCON Temple shall be pedestrianized, according to the advisory.
Motorists may use Capt Gaur Marg and Outer Ring Road to reach their destinations. Further, movement of commercial (Goods carrying vehicles) will be restricted on Capt Gaur Marg between Outer Ring Road and Ring road from 1100 hours on September 3 to 0100 hours on September 4.
For Janmashtami Park, Punjabi Bagh on Ring Road diversion of commercial goods vehicles will be done on need basis, at the mentioned points on September 3, Delhi Police said.
1. Ring Road- Raja Garden Crossing
2. Ring Road -Rajdhani T-Point
3. Club Road 'T'-Point (Punjabi Bagh)
4. Britannia Crossing (Ring Road)
5. Wazirpur Flyover (Ring Road)
6. Punjabi Bagh Crossing (R/A and Flyover)
7. Moti Nagar Crossing
8. Karampura T-Point
9. Shivaji Park Crossing (Rohtak Road)
No parking shall be allowed at the routes of Janmashtami processions and Shobha Yatras taken out by Mandir Samities, traffic will be diverted as per requirement, the advisory said.