After India struck Jaish-e-Mohammed's(JeM) biggest camp in Pakistan early Tuesday, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday said he has postponed his indefinite hunger strike, scheduled from March 1 in "view of the prevailing Indo-Pak situation". In a "preemptive" action, India killed a large number of terrorists and trainers of the Pak-based terror group preparing to carry out suicide attacks in the country.
Kejriwal took to Twitter and said, "In view of prevailing Indo Pak situation, I am postponing my upwas for full statehood of Delhi. We all stand as one nation today."
Kejriwal accuses EC of turning into BJP office; says ‘will not allow saffron party to succeed in its conspiracies’
Kejriwal says, 'tired of trying to convince Cong for alliance'; 'He hasn't talked about it,' clarifies Dikshit
Sheila Dikshit rejects Kejriwal's claim on alliance, says AAP has reached the 'stage of frustration'
'Ready to face death': Arvind Kejriwal announces indefinite hunger strike from March 1 over 'statehood' demand
This is the second time Kejriwal has postponed going on a hunger strike in the last one year.
Earlier this month, the chief minister had said he would sit on a fast if the ongoing sealing drive was not stopped in the city by March 31. He, however, later postponed the strike.
Saluted the pilots of the Indian Air Force (IAF) after it carried out the strikes in Pakistan, Kejriwal said, "I salute the bravery of Indian Air Force pilots who have made us proud by striking terror targets in Pakistan."
After the budget session of Delhi Assembly, Kejriwal said the best thing (about the strike) was that there was no casualty on the Indian side and added, "I hope Pakistan learns its lesson and will not repeat what it did in Pulwama".
"Indian Air Force entered Pakistan and targeted JeM camps which was very brave. The entire country is feeling proud and I congratulate the forces. The entire country is with the government and the Prime Minister at this time," he told reporters.