A day after the awful incident of alleged gangrape, loot and murder by a gang on Jewar-Bulandshahr highway, a preliminary medical investigation has ruled out rape of the four women of the family, Gautam Budh Nagar’s chief medical officer Dr Anurag Bhargav said on Friday evening.
Addressing a press conference in the presence of Noida district magistrate BN Singh and senior superintendent of police Love Kumar, Bhargav said doctors found no vaginal injury or presence of semen.
Their clothes and tissue samples will be sent to the forensic laboratory in Lucknow for further tests, results of which will be out in two to three weeks.
Rape ke jo symptoms hote hain, abhi tak koi bhi aisa symptom medical report ke hisaab se nahi mila hai: SSP Gautam Budh Nagar, Luv Kumar. pic.twitter.com/yz3dSlVLh1— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) May 26, 2017
Meanwhile, Love Kumar said that the gangrape charge in the FIR will remain till final forensic results are declared. He also said that they are taking help of the police officials of the neighbouring states and are likely to crack the case soon.
This comes a day after the four women alleged that they were dragged to a field and gang-raped by a group of six robbers off the Yamuna Expressway in the wee hours of Thursday. Their male relative was allegedly shot dead by the attackers while he was trying to save them.
Speaking to India TV, one of the women victims had yesterday pointed to the involvement of a close relative in the incident.
“The incident took place at the behest of Naseer and his son Shah Alam. I requested them to allow us to go and not to kill (the man who was with us)… personal dispute led to the murder,” she said.
However, she later retracted from her statement saying she had no idea of who the perpetrators of the crime were.
The incident is a stark reminder of last year’s incident in which a mother and her daughter were gangraped while travelling to Shahjahanpur from Noida.