The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Wednesday busted an ISIS-linked group that was plotting serial blasts across north India including national capital Delhi.
Addressing a press conference in New Delhi, NIA IG Alok Mittal revealed that raids were conducted at 17 locations across 5 cities of UP and Delhi during which 16 people were detained. Out of these 16, 10 suspects have been arrested.
He also added that the gang leader of the module is Mufti Sohail who stays in Delhi and is a native of Amroha in UP where he works at a mosque.
Read Also | 17 locations in 5 cities raided, 10 arrested, ISIS-linked group was planning serial blasts in Delhi, north India: NIA
Here are 10 big revelations made by NIA IG Alok Mittal:
1. 17 locations in Uttar Pradesh and Delhi raided
2. Group behind conspiracy is called 'Harkat ul Harb e Islam'
3. It was in advance stage of carrying out serial blasts.
Watch: 17 locations raided, 10 arrested, ISIS-linked group was planning serial blasts in Delhi: NIA
4. Raids conducted in Delhi’s Seelampur and UP’s Amroha, Hapur, Meerut, Lucknow
5. Large quantities of explosive material, Weapons and ammunition including country made Rocket Launcher recovered.
6. 10 accused arrested after initial interrogation of 16 suspects. Student, engineer among 10 arrested during NIA raids
Video: Explosives recovered during NIA raids
7. Cash worth Rs 7.5 lakh recovered; 100 mobile phones, 135 SIM cards, laptops and memory cards seized
8. Head of the module, Mufti Sohail, is a native of Amroha. He stays in Delhi and is a native of Amroha in UP where he works at a mosque.
9. Aim was to carry out blasts by remote control blasts and Fidayeen attacks. The terror module was in touch with a foreign agent
10. Politicians, important personalities, vital security installations were among main targets.