At a time when Hindus are being targeted in Myanmar's Rakhine state, Myanmar's Ambassador to India Maung Wai in an exclusive interview to India TV said that possibilities are there that the neighbouring countries might be harbouring Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army (ARSA), the terrorist group led by Rohingya Muslims.
The Myanmar diplomat admitted that ARSA is responsible for killing of Hindus in Myanmar.
- Take back Rohingyas, don't call them Bengalis: Sheikh Hasina to Myanmar
- Rohingyas are illegal immigrants, not refugees, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Mass grave of 28 Hindus killed by Rohingya militants discovered in violence-hit Rakhine state'
- Rohingya crisis: Myanmar says no 'ethnic cleansing', genocide against Muslims
- Mass grave of 45 Hindus killed by Rohingya militants found in Myanmar
He further added that ARSA terrorists can target any community. "They are extremist terrorists, they are not normal people, they are mad people," Maung Wai told India TV.
In the past few days, bodies of around 100 Hindus have been discovered in mass graves in violence-torn Rakhine state. The police have also blamed the insurgent group ARSA for the killings.
According to the latest report from the Inter Sector Coordination Group (ISCG) in Bangladesh, at least 480,000 Rohingya refugees have arrived in Bangladesh since clashes began in Myanmar's Rakhine state on August 25.
WATCH THE EXCLUSIVE VIDEO HERE: