The Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) has announced the results for the Indian Certificate for Secondary Education (ICSE) class 10 and Indian School Certificate (ISC) Class XII results today on its official website www.cisce.org or in private site like www.indiaresults.com & www.examresults.net.
- Pune's Muskan Abdulla Pathan and Bengaluru's Ashwin Rao jointly topped ICSE Class 10 exams with 99.4% each.
- Ananya Maiti of The Heritage School, Kolkata studying Humanities, was declared as the topper of ISC (12th) Boards stream with 99.50%.
- Ayushi Shrivastava (Lucknow), Devesh Lakhotia (Kolkata), Rishika Dhariwal (Mumbai) and Keerthana Srikant (Gurgaon) came second with 99.25% in the class 12 examination.
- CISCE has declared results of total 988 ISC schools.
While 175,299 candidates appeared for ICSE, 73,633 appeared for ISC. The pass percentage for ICSE was 98.53%, and for ISC it was 96.47%.
Just like previous years, girls have done better than boys in both classes. Pass percentage of girls in ICSE was 99.03%, compared to boys’ 98.13%. In ISC, 97.73% girls cleared the exam, compared to 95.39% for boys.
Following the CBSE trend, southern region has done the best with 98.97 per cent of students passing the exams, followed by the western region.
The ICSE examination has been conducted in 57 written subjects of which 22 are Indian languages and 9 are foreign languages and 1 Classical language.
Interestingly, the candidates with learning difficulty (Dyslexia etc) cases were 915 of which 83 candidates obtained above 90 per cent, reports Indian express.
Similarly, 8 out of 34 visually challenged students obtained over 90%.
In ISC, 9 out of 168 candidates with learning difficulty obtained over 90%. Among the visually challenged, 2 out of 14 students obtained 90% or above.
Steps to check the ICSE Class 10 Results 2017:
- Visit the official website for the board www.cisce.org
- Click on the 'ICSE Results 2017' section.
- Enter your Unique ID, course and captcha
- Download the result or click on the ‘Print Result’ button to get the print.
- Keep a copy of the results for further reference.
Students can also get their results through SMS service on 09248082883. Student need to type his/her Unique ID in the following way, in the Message box: ‘ICSE 1234567 (Seven Digit Unique ID)' and press the send option, soon he will receive his/her result.
Students can contact CISCE helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 022-67226106 for any query regarding the results.
The ICSE and ISC schools abroad recorded 100% pass.