At least two people died of electrocution while they were carrying a giant lord Ganesha idol in Gujarat. The incident was reported from Ankaleshwar town in Bharuch city of the state, where 7 people received electric shocks while trying to evade an overhead electric wire.
Five others have been injured in the incident and are receiving treatment at a hospital.
Commenting on the incident, police said some people were setting up a Ganesh pandal at a place close to Anasar and Nobel Market in the city. They received an electric shock while they were trying to remove an overhead electric wire.
"They had brought a big idol today and were trying to remove an overhead electric wire with bamboo during a drizzle," the police said.
The deceased were identified as Amit and Kunal.