Four members of a family died after a fire broke out in a four-storey building in northwest Delhi's Kohat Enclave due to short circuit.
A call was received at 2.48 am about a fire in the parking area and 10 fire tenders were rushed to the spot. The fire was doused by around 4 am, an official from the Delhi Fire Service was quoted as saying by PTI.
Meanwhile, initial reports suggest that all four members of the family died to suffocation.
The four members of the family, including two children, were sleeping on the first floor and after they saw smoke emanating from downstairs they tried to escape but were suffocated to death, the official added.