A fire broke out in the children's ward of Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital in Delhi on Saturday morning, triggering panic among children and their parents
“Fire was reported in the children's ward of Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital on Saturday, and all 15 children admitted were safely taken out,” officials said.
No casualties were reported in the fire that broke out at 3.35 a.m. in room number 1104 of the hospital, fire officials told a news agency.
Nearly six to seven fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames.
A short circuit in the ventilation machine of the hospital could be the cause, the official added
The fire safety norms followed by hospitals are under close scrutiny by the Union Health Ministry.
(With IANS inputs)