Hearing in the assault case of former Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash, involving Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and his deputy Manish Sisodia would be done on January 30, a Delhi court said on Friday. Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Samar Vishal was told by the counsel for Kejriwal, Sisodia and other AAP leaders that they have not been provided with complete documents annexed with the charge sheet filed by the Delhi Police.
The court asked the counsel for AAP leaders and police to complete the process of scrutiny of documents by January 30.
Will attend cabinet meeting assuming Delhi CM will ensure safety of officers: CS Anshu Prakash writes to Kejriwal
Delhi Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash attends first official meeting with CM Arvind Kejriwal after 'assault row'
Delhi CS assault row: Manish Sisodia equates IAS officers association with khaap panchyat, attacks L-G
Delhi HC grants relief to Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash, asks Assembly committee not to insist on his appearance
Kejriwal and Sisodia had earlier approached the Delhi High Court and had challenged the order of the trial court permitting two other advocates to conduct the prosecution on behalf of a Delhi Police officer, instead of a regular public prosecutor attached to the court concerned.
The high court has sought response of the Delhi government, the police and Prakash on the plea.
The ACMM, in an October 22 order, had said let the Delhi Police Commissioner assign the prosecution of this case to some officer not below the rank of Additional Commissioner of Police.
The Delhi Police had nominated three well-reputed and experienced counsels for appointment as Special Public Prosecutors and their consents had also been obtained, Prakash had told the trial court.
The Delhi Police’ request was rejected by the Delhi Home Minister, despite recommendation by the officers of the Home Department. The rejection was made on grounds that the case did not disclose any special features, he had said.
The Delhi Police had opposed the plea in the trial court and had claimed that the complainant (Prakash) has not shown any "actual bias" but only an unfounded apprehension of bias and the other cases of similar accused persons have been conducted by regular prosecutors and no bias has been reported.
Former Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash was allegedly assaulted during a meeting at Kejriwal's official residence on February 19.
Kejriwal, Sisodia and nine other AAP MLAs were granted bail by the trial court on October 25, in the case.
The other two MLAs, Amanatullah Khan and Prakash Jarwal, who are also accused, were earlier arrested in the case and granted bail by the high court.
The alleged assault had triggered a bitter tussle between the Delhi government and its bureaucrats.
Prakash was recently transferred and posted as additional secretary in the Department of Telecommunications.