Gangster Abu Salem, who is currently serving a life term after being convicted in the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts case, has sent a legal notice to makers of superhit Bollywood movie Sanju for projecting him in bad light.
Salem's lawyer has sent the notice to Raj Kumar Hirani, Vidhu Vinod Chopra, the distributors and the production companies involved, demanding the removal of scenes which allegedly caused defamation to the gangster.
Rishi Kapoor opens up about Ranbir Kapoor’s closeness with Alia Bhatt, says ‘It’s high time he got married’
In the notice, Salem also threatened the makers with defamation case if the scenes are not removed within a period of 15 days.
"The scene where Ranbir Kapoor (as Sanjay Dutt) gives confessional statement about the possession of arms and ammunition during the communal tensions around our country in the year 1993 is defaming my client as my client never supplied the arms and ammunition as alleged to Mr. Sanjay Dutt as pictured in the said film," the notice sent by Abu Salem states.
The notice claimed that Salem never met actor Sanjay Dutt or supplied arms and ammunition to him.
Abu Salem has also been sentenced to seven years rigorous imprisonment in 2002 extortion case by Delhi Court.
'Sanju' which is based on the life of actor Sanjay Dutt was released on June 29 and has so far earned a whopping Rs 335 crore.
(With inputs from agencies)