Thursday, July 25, 2024
Advertisement
  1. You Are At:
  2. News
  3. Maharashtra
  4. Pune Porsche accident case: Bombay High Court reserves order on plea against accused's arrest for June 25

Pune Porsche accident case: Bombay High Court reserves order on plea against accused's arrest for June 25

The teen, who the police claim was drunk and driving the luxury car when it hit a two-wheeler in the early hours of May 19 killing two techies, including a woman, is lodged at an observation home in Pune.

Reported By : Atul Singh Edited By : Raju Kumar
Mumbai
Updated on: June 21, 2024 14:19 IST
Porsche car that kills two techies in Pune
Image Source : PTI Porsche car that kills two techies in Pune

Pune Car Accident Case: Bombay High Court on Friday reserved its order on a plea filed by the aunt of the minor accused against his arrest in the Pune Porsche car accident case. A 17-year-old accused was allegedly involved in a road accident in Pune’s Kalyani Nagar last month in which two young techies were killed. The Court reserved its order after hearing both sides. It will pronounce its decision on June 25.

While hearing the case, the High Court said, " The victims' families are in shock. But the juvenile who caused the accident, under the influence of alcohol, is in shock too. Naturally, this would have had an impact on his mind."

Pune police submit final report to Juvenile Justice Board

Earlier on Jun 19,  police submitted their final report to the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) here detailing all evidence against the accused. The police had filed a plea to allow them to treat the juvenile as an adult for the purpose of trial in the case. To support their case, the police have now submitted relevant evidence to the JJB, said the officer on Tuesday.
 
“We have submitted all evidence to the JJB proving that he was behind the wheel of the Porsche car, starting from his house on the evening of May 19 until the accident occurred,” he said.
 
“The report includes corroborative statements from eyewitnesses who saw him driving the car, CCTV footage recovered during the investigation, and evidence of him consuming alcohol at Cosie Restaurant and Blak Club. In summary, we have provided a comprehensive final report demonstrating that the juvenile, in an inebriated condition, was driving the car and caused the death of two riders,” he informed.
 
The crime branch officer said the report supports their plea to treat the juvenile as an adult for the trial.
 
Meanwhile, investigation has revealed that the juvenile's blood samples, which were swapped with those of his mother, were disposed of as bio-medical waste at Sassoon General Hospital, he said.
 
The minor boy's mother and father, along with two doctors – Dr Ajay Taware and Dr Shrihari Halnor – and a hospital employee, Atul Ghatkamble, are currently in jail for their alleged involvement in the blood sample swapping case. Police have also arrested two individuals who acted as intermediaries between the doctors and the juvenile's father, a prominent builder, to facilitate financial transactions for the blood samples swap.
 
(With PTI inputs)
Advertisement

Read all the Breaking News Live on indiatvnews.com and Get Latest English News & Updates from Maharashtra

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement