With Valentine Week spreading its wings of love and care in our lives, couples all over the world are drenched in thoughts of making the week most special for their loved ones. While it is easy to impress your partner on Chocolate Day or Teddy Day by gifting them the adorable things, but Promise Day is something that can only be made exceptionally memorable by presenting the gift of your words and love through well-weaved words. The fifth day of Valentine Week, i.e. February 11, is Promise day and couples often find it difficult to express their feelings to their partners. The day belongs to those who want to strengthen their relationship and understand the importance of keeping the promises throughout their relationship in order to continue building a trustful and loving foundation throughout both of their lifetimes
As the day you make meaningful promises to your loved ones is here, on this Promise Day, give your partner the surety that you will be by their side forever. Make these 15 promises to your better half and witness the love bloom in your relationship
- I promise to genuinely try to understand your point of view when we disagree, before counteracting it with my own.
- I promise to remind you that I love you, even on the days when I don’t like you.
- I promise to make a genuine effort with your friends and family, no matter how different we are from one another.
- I promise not to hold onto bitterness or resentment after agreeing to make a compromise for the sake of our relationship.
- I promise not to judge you on the choices you have made in the past, even if they still affect your present.
- I promise to talk openly with you about boundaries and lines so that we don’t venture into grey areas that hurt each other.
- I promise to take an interest in the activities you enjoy, even if they terrify or bore me.
- I promise not to take you for granted when I’m lost or reeling and you are the person I lean on.
- I promise to listen to you tell the same story at least 4-7 times before I gently remind you that if you tell me one more time I’ll go mad.
- I promise to push you to be a better version of yourself during the times when you’re not realizing your potential.
- I promise to make time for you when too many things are simultaneously demanding my attention.
- I promise to never stop appreciating the pure, adulterated awesomeness of the fact that I get to see your naked body on a regular basis.
- I promise to find a new reason every day to fall even more in love with you.
- I promise to never stop trying to win you over, no matter how many months or years or lifetimes we spend together.
- I promise to face difficult conversations without threat, accusations or defensiveness.