New Delhi: Acne is a common problem faced by almost all teen-agers and youth. Monsoon leads to oily skin, which further causes pimples.
If pimples are not taken care of, they can leave the marks on the face. There are several clinical methods to get rid of pimples but if you don't want to go for clinical treatments then this article is surely going to help you.
Forehead, neck, jaw line, cheeks are the major areas where acne is found.
It is very common with teenagers. Rather than spending a heavy amount on face-packs or salon treatments, why not try some quick home remedies to get rid of pimples.
Here are quick tricks to get rid of pimples:
1. Grind a few neem leaves to form a paste. Add 1 teaspoon of multani mitti to the paste. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and raw milk to form a smooth paste. Apply it for 20 minutes on your face and then rinse with lukewarm water.
2. Regularly steam your face as it helps to opens the pores and makes the removal of pimples and blackheads easy. You may boil the water with few neem leaves for effective results.
3. Mix together 3 teaspoons of brown sugar in 1 teaspoon of honey. Apply all over the face and scrub gently in circular motion. Once dry after 15 minutes wash off with cold water and pat dry.
4. Thin slices of potato can be applied over the pimples. Potato's juice can be applied over the pimples and acne.
5. Grind a few pieces of cinnamon to form a powder. In it add a teaspoon of honey and besan. Apply it over the face and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash it off.
6. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and drink herbal teas and water. Cut down on meat and alcohol and keep your scalp clean.
7. If you have neck acne then, tie your hair back at night to avoid contact with the skin. Use shampoos and conditioners that are free of chemicals.
8. Avoid exposure to sunlight, alcohol and spicy food. Cut back on dairy products to combat acne. Apply a primer that acts as a physical barricade between the skin and contaminants, before wearing foundation.