Swine flu refers to influenza in pigs. It is a severe infection which is spreading commonly in people these days. Going by the definition of medlineplus.gov, Swine flu is an infection caused by a virus. It's named for a virus that pigs can get. People do not normally get swine flu, but human infections can and do happen. In 2009 a strain of swine flu called H1N1 infected many people around the world.
The virus is contagious and can spread from human to human. Symptoms of swine flu in people are similar to the symptoms of regular human flu and include fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills, and fatigue.
Swine Flu: Signs and Symptoms
The signs and symptoms of swine flu are similar to those of infections caused by other flu strains including:
Nausea and vomiting
Swine Flu: Basic prevention
1. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue immediately in the trash after using it.
2. Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently with soap and water.
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
4. Trying to avoid close contact with sick people.
5. Stay home if you're sick at least for 24 hours after your fever is gone.
For all the latest Lifestyle updates, check out our Facebook page!