Republic Day 2023: Make the 74th Republic Day a little more special by spending some time with your loved ones and gorging on some delicious food. Whip up these easy meals for your loved ones and watch the Republic Day parade on television with your family. The best part is, these recipes are super easy and can be cooked in no time.
- Kiwi Chunks
- Kiwi syrup
- Cream based sparkling water
- Orange syrup
- Fresh mandarin slice
- Mint leaf
- Muddle kiwi chunks in the kiwi syrup and pour it at the base
- Put a layer of crushed ice in the glass and add cream soda
- Top it up with orange syrup
- Garnish it with fresh mandarin slice and a mint leaf
- Washed urad dal
- Carrot puree
- Boiled Spinach puree
- Soak rice and dal for two hours and then grind in a stone grinder until smooth.
- Remove from the grinder add salt and mix well.
- Keep for fermentation for 12 hours at room temperature.
- Divide the batter into three parts.
- Mix carrot and spinach puree in two parts separately to make red and green colour idli.
- Place red colour batter in a round mould followed by white then green at the last.
- Steam in the oven for 20 minutes or till it is done.
- Serve with tomato chutney, coconut chutney and green coriander chutney.
Tri-colour Paneer Tikka skewers
- hung curd
- Red chilli power
- saffron food colour
- garam masala
- mint-coriander chutney
- capsicum/ broccoli
- Grill the paneer pieces in a non-stick pan or in a microwave.
- Take three different bowls for marinating.
- For orange marinating, mix red chilli powder, saffron food colour and garam masala in the hung curd.
- For white colour, mix red chilli powder and garam masala in hung curd.
- For green marinating, add mint-coriander chutney (drained water), garam masala in hung curd.
- Mix funnel powder to all three pastes.
- Now take one piece of paneer from each bowl and fix it in a screwer.
- Grill for a few seconds.
- Add grilled carrot with orange coloured paneer, grilled onion with coloured paneer and grilled bell pepper (capsicum) or broccoli with green marinated paneer.
- Top up with white cream if you want.
Tri-colour Pulao/ Biryani
- Cooked rice
- Red/saffron food colour
- Coriander chutney
- roasted cumin/clove
- Divide the cooked rice into three parts.
- Add red/saffron food colour to the first part and place it in the serving dish.
- Mix curd to the second part and place it in the dish followed by the red part.
- Prepare coriander chutney, drain the water and mix it with the third part.
- Place the third part in the dish followed by the second part.
- Garnish the middle portion with roasted cumin or a clove. Serve hot.
3 Tier fruit sundae
- Kiwi fruit
- Orange fruit
- Fruit cream
- In a glass tumbler or a mug, place chopped kiwi first.
- Then put chopped banana mixed with fruit cream. You can also use fruit yoghurt instead of cream for the white layer.
- Add peeled oranges on the top.
- Garnish your sundae with chopped dry fruits.
--with inputs from agencies
Don't miss these:
Republic Day 2023 Parade: Buy online tickets; know prices, events & how to register for Jan 26 event
Republic Day 2023: Who wrote India's national anthem? Know interesting facts about Jana Gana Mana
Road trips you can take from Delhi on Republic Day long weekend