Do you find that you prepare a lot of the same dishes every week? Maybe you wish you could try something a little different, but nothing too crazy that will make your family blanch. Preparing something different that too in the quickest way possible will keep your food schedule from becoming too dull. So, if you are one of those who is thinking of what to cook on Sunday night, then you have definitely come to the right place. Here are 5 delicious and quick dinner recipes that you and your family can relish on.
- Rinse and soak the rice for 20 minutes. Drain after 20 minutes and set aside
- Sauté whole spices in hot ghee and toasting them gently as they release the aromas. Add thinly sliced onions and cook them until they turn golden brown
- Add ginger, garlic, tomatoes, potatoes, turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well. Add shrimp, rice and water. Mix gently, pushing all the rice under the liquids.
- Close the Instant Pot and select the manual/pressure cook(LO) for 4 minutes followed by 3 minute NPR. Release the remaining pressure and open the Instant Pot. Gently fluff the rice
Hot Coconut Vegetables
- Heat oil and butter in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When sizzling and aromatic add the minced onions and fry until golden colour.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, turmeric, chilli powder and fresh chillies.
- Stir together and leave to cook so the tomatoes break down and you are left with a thick paste.
- Add the mushrooms and beans to the masala and stir. Cook for about five minutes
- Pour in the coconut cream and cook gently for a few minutes so the flavours combine.
- Reduce the heat and leave to cook for about 10 minutes before adding the peppers.
- Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning if required.
- Remove from heat and add garam masala and throw in the fresh coriander to serve.
Indian Chickpea Dal With Coconut Broth
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 4 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the tomatoes and coconut milk. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in chickpeas and spinach. Cook for about 3 minutes, until spinach is wilted. Serve warm, garnished with cilantro if using.