As India celebrate its day of independence and food being an integral part of our country, many restaurants make preparations to add the sense of patriotism in the food too!
Since Indian food is as incredible as the country itself, restaurants all over the country never hesitate to experiment with their dishes. They celebrate country’s diversity by whipping up special menus featuring tricolour-themed dishes.
So, this I-Day, don't waste your holiday lazing in bed with a TV remote in hand, instead gear up to honour 72 years of country's independence with very palatable tricolour dishes.
Here are five tricolour-themed food items that can be found in 'almost' every restaurant or cafe on Independence Day giving your taste buds a patriotic spin.
1. Paneer Tikka - To celebrate freedom with food, try Paneer Tikka on Independence Day for two prominent reasons. One, to see beautiful colours on your plate and two, to have flavourful meal for the day.
2. Tiranga Dhokla - Dhokla is one of the favourite snacks of many Indians. But on Independence day, you can find this snack in three colours adding lot more fun to your tasteful experience.
3. Tricolour Biryani - Biryani is anyway what Indians love to eat. Tricolour biryani just adds a patriotic fervour to the dish. Many restaurants also use saffron and green colour in their rice puddings as well.
4. Layered Sandwich - Keeping up the ‘tiranga storm’ on Independence day, tricolour layered sandwich is the easiest to make. You can also find dimsums in lot of restaurants on this day dressed up in saffron, white and green to celebrate the national flag.
5. Tricoloured Desserts - Any meal is incomplete with no desserts, especially when we talk about an Indian meal. So, to celebrate the sweetness of independence on August 15, many restaurants offer assorted tricoloured desserts mainly Barfi. Another Indian desserts that you can find in tri-colours include Ghewar and Raj Bhog.
Tip: Few specially curated menus also offer tricoloured drinks. So, whenever you visit a restaurant or cafe of your choice, do not miss out on beverages section!
Also, there are many restaurants offering a special Independence Day thali on August 15. So, shout-out to all the foodies to revel in the Indian flavours this Independence Day!