Marking a new fashion statement, bottom wears have evolved immensely taking more shelf space than before. Hence, you need bottom wears that are basic yet trendy to bring out your stylish best.
Experts share the latest bottom wear trends and the interesting ways they can be paired to make fashion statement everyday.
* More than just Salwar: With the evolution of Suits into Sari-suits, kurtis into long traditional dresses and dupattas being replaced by trendy jackets and scarf, the earlier version of bottom wear- a simple Salwar has been replaced by many different options like patialas, harem pants and churidars.
* For a boho-chic vibe: Taking inspiration from around the world, the churidars, patialas and salwars advanced into Jodhpur pants and Harem pants. Another trend that is catching pace is a different version of Jodhpur pants, the ‘petal pants', ultra chic and comfortable. The pants paired with chic top/ crop tops or even shirts makes a boho-chic look
* Contemporary look with fusion pants: A fusion of ethnic and western bottom-wear styles; short/long palazzo pants with block prints and vibrant colors in comfortable viscose fabric are very much in trend. These flowy pants can easily be paired with short tops or mid-length kurtis, a stylish look for everyday college wear
* Era of slim pants: The straight fit pants or slim pants are trendsetter for the season and are here to stay. An extension of formal pants/leggings, these come in subtle prints or in plain colours. Best paired with contrasting kurti or white/beige tops for casual day wear or even a good evening outfit option when paired with looks straight kurtas. This bottom wear is suitable or any occasion, just pair it up with right upper and you are good to go!
* Giving a festive touch: The bottom wear is not just restricted to pants, and churidars; the flared skirts and gharars /shararas are much in fashion these days. The modified lehngas that is ghararas give a very traditional and dramatic feel to the whole look and are perfect when paired with a short kurti or long shirt with side slits, an ideal option for festivities and weddings.
(With IANS inputs)
For all latest news, keep checking our Facebook page