You didn't realise how important it is to take care of our feet as much as skincare and hair habits. Did you?
Taking few hygiene tips for your feet into account, isn't a big task to do. Just little efforts would do to keep your feet away from fungal infections, or allergies, or stink. As body hygiene should be your priority, here we give you five simple ways that you can include in your daily routine if you want clean and beautiful feet.
1. Kill the bacteria - Dead skin on your feet leave it rough and hard. Killing bacteria that grows dead skin is important. Cleansing helps in removing bacteria, so, once in a week, it is essential to cleanse your feet using cleansing foot creams or by applying age-old method. Take a bucket of lukewarm water and add a pinch of salt to it. Dip your feet in the bucket and let it rest there for 15-20 minutes.
2. Scrubbing is the key - Scrub your feet at least twice a week for soft skin. Proper exfoliation helps in removing dead cells clogging the skin. Purchase scrubbing tubes that suits the type of your skin. People with dry skin should buy scrubs that includes moisturising properties. Whereas, people with oily skin can go for scrubs that are rich in citric properties.
3. Nourish your feet - Moisturising is as important as cleansing and scrubbing. Nourished skin leads to healthy and glowing skin avoiding dry and dullness. Use feet moisturising creams at least once in a day for smooth and silky skin. People with extremely dry skin, should use it twice in a day.
4. Trim your nails - Trimming your nails regularly will help in maintaining neat and clean nails. It'll keep the look of your feet beautiful and dirt-free. Trimming nails also helps in growing nails fast and in the right shape.
5. Keep them dry - Keep your feet dry and sweat free. Frequently swap a tissue under your feet if they sweat a lot. This will also keep your feet stink-free and away from allergies.
Tip: Always wash your feet with cold water before going to sleep at night.