In less than a month, Lok Sabha elections 2019 will take place. The poll will begin on April 11 and continue for over a month till May 19 across seven phases, followed by counting of votes on May 23, the Election Commission announced on Sunday, kick-starting a mega electoral battle where the BJP will pitch for a re-election of the Modi government amid the Opposition's efforts for a united fight to unseat it.
How to register
1. Election commission of India offers online voter registration for Indian citizens who have attained the age of 18 on the qualifying date (1st of January of the year of revision of electoral roll). Citizen, can enroll himself/herself as General Voter.
2. Fill Form 6 online at National Voters' Service Portal at https://www.nvsp.in/. Registered voters should also check their enrollment status
How to check if you are registered to vote?
Requirements for registering to vote
You can enroll as a Voter if you:
1. Are an Indian citizen.
2. Have attained the age of 18 years on the qualifying date i.e. 1st of January of the year of revision of electoral roll.
3. Are ordinarily resident of the part/polling area of the constituency where you want to be enrolled.
4. Are not disqualified to be enrolled as an elector.
5. If you meet the above criteria please visit nvsp.in to register online.
How To Register Offline
1. You can also enroll offline. Fill Form 6 in two copies . Form 6 is also available free of cost in offices of Electoral Registration Officers / Assistant Electoral Registration Officers and Booth Level Officers
2. The application accompanied by copies of the relevant documents can be filed in person before the concerned Electoral Registration Officer / Assistant Electoral
Registration Officer or sent by post addressed to him or can be handed over to the Booth Level Officer of your polling area
3. Call 1950 for any help