The most important Indian figure in the history of the world, Mahatma Gandhi's name needs no introduction. Born as Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi on the 2nd of October 1869 Porbandar, Mahatma Gandhi was a lawyer who rose to prominence after he fought for his rights when thrown out of a train at Pietermaritzburg, Africa. He later became a very vocal advocate for the rights of Africans and Indians in Africa over a period of his stay of 21 years in South Africa.
His fight for freedom of India began when he returned to India at the request of Gopal Krishna Gokhale in 1915. Receiving his first major win against the Britishers at Champaran, India. He is widely known for his philosophies of non-violence or ahimsa and how he lead India to independence from 200-year-old British rule. His birth anniversary is celebrated as International Day of Non-Violence, as declared by the United Nations General Assembly.
On his 150th birth anniversary this year, we have a few quotes, images, and status that you could send to your friends to celebrate the man who sacrificed himself for the freedom of our nation.
Happy Gandhi Jayanti 2019: Wishes, Facebook and WhatsApp Status
- "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." Happy Gandhi Jayanti!
- "An ounce of practice is worth a thousand words." Happy Gandhi Jayanti!
- "A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave." Happy Gandhi Jayanti!
- "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Happy Gandhi Jayanti!
- "Be the change that you want to see in the world." Happy Gandhi Jayanti!
- "A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes."
- "I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet."
- "Nobody can hurt me without my permission."
- "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."
Happy Gandhi Jayanti 2019: Wishes, Facebook and WhatsApp Status, Images, Photos
Wishing you all a very happy 150th Gandhi Jayanti!