Speculations have been rife surrounding the lead actor of fourth instalment of Dhoom franchise. A number of guesses have been made regarding the male lead of the film. Earlier, there were rumours that superstar Salman Khan has been finalised for the film. But the latest developments say that Shah Rukh Khan could be the one playing the lead.
After Aamir Khan playing the lead in Dhoom 3, Yash Raj Films want to maintain their star power and hence, they are willing to feature Salman Khan or Shah Rukh Khan in Dhoom 4. Reports have also confirmed that Salman is already doing Race 3, so chances are that YRF will zero on Shah Rukh Khan.
- Annoying Mr. Perfectionist? Man points out 138 absurd logics in Dhoom 3
- 'Dishoom' is very different from 'Dhoom', clarifies John Abraham
- Shah Rukh Khan attends Hema Malini’s Synergy event, mommy-to-be Esha Deol looks radiant, watch video
- Shahid Kapoor on Padmavati delay: Sanjay Leela Bhansali is treating it with lot of dignity
- Aanand L Rai reveals release date of Shah Rukh Khan starrer film
"Adi wants to take Dhoom 4 to the next level and he's asked Maneesh Sharma to write the film. He's currently scripting it. For those in the know, Vijay Krishna Acharya aka Victor (director of Dhoom 3) is now busy with Thugs of Hindostan. So the film will change hands again. Maneesh will probably direct it as well," a source reveals to DNA.
Maneesh Sharma, who helmed ‘Fan’, is also said to team up with the superstar again.
"Although Fan didn't work at the box office, SRK and Maneesh have discussed working together again. Nothing is on paper as of now, but for SRK, all that isn't required when it's a YRF film. Only a call from Adi is enough," the source further added.
Shah Rukh Khan’s last film Jab Harry Met Sejal didn’t go well on box office as well as among critics. Now SRK is gearing up for Aanand L Rai’s next in which he’ll be playing a dwarf. The film is slated to release in December 2018, but the title is not yet declared.