‘A lot can happen over a coffee’; Karan Johar, Alia Bhatt and Shah Rukh Khan proved it on the first episode of the celebrity talk show ‘Koffee With Karan’.
Both the stars graced the ‘Koffee couch’ and spilled some secrets about each other. The premiere episode was a dose of candid confessions, spicy gossips and camaraderie between the three stars.
Here are some interesting revelations made by the ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-stars on the show.
1. Well, we all know that SRK’s absence from the last season kept tongues wrangling about his alleged rift with the show’s host-cum-director Karan Johar. So this time, the show began with Karan questioning SRK on the same. The ‘King Khan’ was at his candid best as he replied, “I had to justify nationalism and you had to show me some love. Why don’t we just release the picture of us kissing and even the one where we are married.”
2. In order to make the show more interesting, Karan asked SRK if Alia is dating someone, to which the actor said that according to him, the dimpled beauty is dating everyone owing to the rumours of her link-ups. Talking about the number of guys she had dated, SRK said,“I will be disappointed if there are 3 or 4.”
3. The superstar was all praises for Alia on the show. Talking about his experience of working with the actress in ‘Dear Zindagi’, Shah Rukh said that she is one of the excellent actors of the generation and he wants Alia to experience everything in Indian cinema. SRK said,"Alia is too good too soon. I don't want her to get trapped in just doing great acting without experiencing everything in Indian cinema. If you become too good too soon, you may have inhibitions being bad at times."
4. Alia Bhatt revealed that she would be unhappy if she didn’t get award for ‘Udta Punjab’. Though, she also felt that Sonam Kapoor's performance in ‘Neerja’ was outstanding. The pretty lady also talked about her rumoured boyfriend Siddharth Malhotra and said that she doesn’t have any romantic connection with Sidharth, Varun or Arjun.
5. The King of Romance admitted that saying ‘no’ to Rajkumar Hirani’s ‘3 Idiots’ was his biggest mistake ever. He also disclosed that he is Ranveer Singh’s fan and wanted to know about the padded underwear that the star wore in ‘Befikre’.
6. Giving some quick and candid answers in rapid fire round, SRK won the hamper and dedicated it to his beautiful daughter Suhana.
7. The surprise element of the show was Alia’s performance in pop culture quiz where she not only gave correct answers but also defeated SRK to win the competition.
After this rib-tickling premiere of ‘Koffee with Karan’, people will now anxiously wait for the telecast of its second episode.
On a related note, SRK and Alia will be seen together in Gauri Shinde directorial ‘Dear Zindagi’, which is scheduled to hit the screens on November 25.