Farhan Akhtar has rubbished rumours that he would play the role of a police officer in "Don 3". The 44-year-old director, who recently hinted at working on the script of the third installment with Shah Rukh Khan in the lead, took to Twitter to clarify. "Request those who conjure up news about #Don3 without any fact checking to please refrain. It is not fair to raise expectations of the films fanbase via false news," Akhtar wrote.
Request those who conjure up news about #Don3 without any fact checking to please refrain.— Farhan Akhtar (@FarOutAkhtar) March 27, 2018
It is not fair to raise expectations of the films fanbase via false news.
Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani's production company, Excel Entertainment, owns the rights of the Amitabh Bachchan-starrer 1978 film "Don".
Last year, Sidhwani said the team had started working on the script and the story. In terms of direction, it is unclear whether Akhtar, who directed the first two films, will be back at the helms again.
Speculations are rife especially over Priyanka’s character, Roma. According to reports, Deepika Padukone’s name had emerged to replace the Quantico actor. When asked if the makers can play around with the central characters, especially that of Priyanka’s, Sidhwani said it is too early to comment.
''We have not decided what we are going to do with it. Right now the film is in idea stage, it needs to come out in the form of story and screenplay. So it is too early to say anything,” he said. “Last year, had you asked me about it (making Don 3) I would have said, we are not thinking about it. But right now we are seriously thinking about it and have started working towards it,” the producer added.
The star cast of the sequel is yet to be revealed.
(With PTI Inputs)