Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati on Tuesday appealed to workers of her party and the Samajwadi Party (SP) to forget their past differences and work towards mutual benefits.
"Forget past differences and ensure victory of all joint candidates of the SP and the BSP. This will be my ideal birthday gift," Mayawati said at a press conference in Lucknow on her 63rd birthday.
On Saturday, the BSP and the SP announced an alliance in Uttar Pradesh for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 to unitedly fight the BJP. The SP and the BSP have decided on a 50-50 seat-sharing deal under which each party will contest 38 seats. Both parties will leave two seats for the smaller parties.
Uttar Pradesh has 80 Lok Sabha seats.
The 'gathbandhan' has kept the Congress out of the alliance. Meanwhile, neglected Congress on Sunday announced that it will contest on all the 80 Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh on its own in the upcoming national elections.
Catch all the latest news about Lok Sabha elections 2019 HERE
Here are other important excerpts from Mayawati's press conference:
Government will unleash new set of ‘jumlas’ like quota for general category ahead of Lok Sabha polls: Ashok Chavan
Any talks of CPI(M)-Cong adjustment for Lok Sabha polls have to be initiated at state level: Yechury
- Congress must take a lesson from the recent poll defeats of the BJP: Mayawati
- Keeping national interest in mind, BSP formed an alliance with SP: Mayawati
- BJP and RSS have divided Gods-Goddesses into castes: Mayawati
- It was wrong to use CBI against Akhilesh Yadav: Mayawati
- LS win will be my birthday gift: Mayawati
- Attempts are being made to stop the Muslims from continuing their prayers (Namaz): Mayawati
- We have always worked for the poor and the down trodden. The government should give 100% farm loan waiver else farmer suicides will continue. A strong farm loan waiver policy should be made: Mayawati
- Now "jumlas" will be of no use for the BJP: Mayawati
- BSP-SP alliance has become a nightmare for the BJP: Mayawati
- People of the country will decide who will be the next PM: Mayawati