Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday launched scathing attack on Congress and its president Rahul Gandhi in his first Karnataka election speech and challenged him to speak 'Visvesvaraya' 5 times without fumbling.
"It itself would be an achievement if the Congress president does it successfully," said the prime minister while addressing a public rally in Chamarajanagar in Karnataka on Tuesday.
Here are top 20 quotes by PM Modi from his first Karnataka election speech in Maysore-
1. Congress President has challenged me - if he speaks for 15 minutes in parliament Modi will not be able to sit. He is correct - there is no way ordinary people like me, who do not even dress well, can sit with such high and mighty people like the Congress President.
2. I challenge you (Rahul Gandhi) to speak for 15 minutes on the achievements of your government in Karnataka without reading from any piece of paper. You can speak in Hindi, English or your mother tongue.
Also Read: PM Modi in Karnataka's Chamarajanagar LIVE: 'Congress continues its policy of latkana, atkana and bhatkana'
3. Congress president Rahul Gandhi is 'namdaar'; how would he know about the efforts of 'kaamdaars'.
4. We believe in democracy and democratic ideals.
5. In 2005, Manmohan Singh had said he'll provide electricity to every village by 2009. What happened to that? In any case, we saw how the Congress treated Manmohan Singh. They tore off ordinances and disrespected him.
6. Before questioning us Rahul Gandhi should know that in 2005 Manmohan Singh had said that all villages will be electrified by 2009, and the same thing was said by Sonia Gandhi ji and you(Rahul ) mock the labourers &workers who made this (electrification) possible.
7. Today, in Congress people are not aware of country's history and Vande Mataram.
8. Strong support for BJP in state.
9. Sonia Gandhi, as UPA chairperson, had said in 2005 that all households will be electrified by 2009. Will she and her son Rahul Gandhi answer why this was not achieved.
10. Neither there is law, nor is order in Karnataka.
11. On May 12, the people of Karnataka will decide the future of the state and the trajectory the state will take.
12. This poll is family politics versus people politics, BJP wants to end Cong's corrupt dynasty politics.
13. Congress CM Siddaramaiah is flustered. He is fighting elections from two seats and he has put his son in a third seat. Two plus one formula for the CM.
14. Congress ministers and their children are fighting elections too--that’s one plus one formula. Family politics is hurting Karnataka.
15. 4 years before 2014, only 2 villages of Karnataka had electricity. Due to our scheme, all 39 unelectrified villages have been electrified in Karnataka.
16. Siddaramaiah is running because he is scared of losing from one seat. That's why he contests from 2 seats. They are playing 2+1 politics. One person contesting from 2 seats because they don't want to lose.
17. Where there is congress, all roads of development are clogged. There is corruption, lack of harmony.
18. When I was a boy, in Gujarat, we used to hear about the pride of Karnataka & how it's being developed. But in last 5 years,the law, order has deteriorated. Lokayukta is not safe, how will people be safe?
19. Police officers wrote a letter talking about oppression & being targeted for speaking the truth. Wherever there is Congress, crime, corruption and dynastic politics are there and development goes for a toss. The same happened in Karnataka.
20. It is the NDA government that is working to transform the lives of farmers. The farmers of Karnataka are benefitting from the various initiatives of the central government.
Watch: PM Modi responds to Rahul Gandhi's '15-minute speech' challenge