We will be celebrating Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti 2023 on October 2, which marks the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, the great leader who was born on this day in 1869 in Porbandar, Gujarat. Mahatma Gandhi's teachings were centered around the power of truth and non-violence, which played a crucial role in India's independence. Every year, we commemorate this day to honor and remember the legacy he left behind.
October 2 is recognized globally as the International Day of Non-Violence by the United Nations, a declaration made on June 15, 2007. This year, the nation will celebrate the 154th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. To commemorate this occasion, schools and colleges will conduct special events, and students engage in a range of activities. In this article, we have curated a list of ideas that will help students make Gandhi Jayanti 2023 a memorable one.
Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti 2023: How can I write a speech about 'Bapu'?
If you are confused while preparing a speech about Mahatma Gandhi on Gandhi Jayanti, then, you do not need to worry. We have curated an article that may help you prepare long and short speeches for your special assemblies. You just need to scroll down to make your speech impactful.
- Start your speech by addressing the audience with Good Morning/Good Afternoon/Good Evening.
- Start with a catchy saying of Mahatma Gandhi to catch the attention of the listeners
- Do not forget to have a gentle smile on your face
- Keep your body language positive. Do not slouch, shake, or stand stiff. Stand upright with a good posture.
Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti 2023: What to add in speech
To make a one to three-minute speech, one needs to make it short and crisp which includes all the required information in the opening paragraph. On the other hand, one should pick interesting facts in their long speech so that the audience does not lose grip. Students can incorporate a few relevant quotes from Mahatma Gandhi in their write-up to make the speech lengthy. Students can speak about Gandhi's personal life, and career and how his non-violent movement helped him to lead the country to independence. Here are a few more lines that you can add to your speech.
- Gandhi Jayanti is known as the International Day for Non-Violence.
- It is one of the officially declared holidays in India.
- People all over the country pay tribute to the contributions of Mahatma Gandhi on his birth anniversary and praise his teachings.
- Mahatma Gandhi gave the idea of non-violence and peace.
- Many educational institutions including schools, and colleges conduct programs such as quizzes, essays and competitions.
- October 2 is also the birth anniversary of the second Prime Minister of India, Lal Bahadur Shastri.
- Gandhi Jayanti is a very patriotic day, so we should maintain the legacy of this day.
Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti 2023: Celebration Ideas
Schools across the nation will conduct special activities on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi's birth anniversary to help students learn about his life and legacy. Check the list of the ideas that students and children can participate in to celebrate the day with pride and enthusiasm.
- Dress up like Gandhi.
- Theme-based board decoration - Ahimsa (Non-violence), charkha and Khadi, Dandi March, Gandhi quotes.
- Sing Gandhi's poems and bhajans.
- Write an essay on Mahatma Gandhi.
- Make a collage.
- Art and craft activity.
- Essay or poem writing competition.
- Speech competition.