With a record salary of Rs. 28 lacs per annum, IIM Calcutta has completed placements for its students of the MBA class of 2020. The institute said 439 students have received 492 offers from 136 firms participating in the recruitment process.
"The average annual salary package for top 10 per cent of the class was recorded at an all-time high of Rs 54.5 lakh," a statement issued by IIMC said. The average package of the top quartile of the class was at Rs 41.8 lakh per annum while the median salary stood at Rs 25.5 lakh.
Continuing the trend witnessed in summer placements held in October 2019, the consulting sector was the largest recruiter with 31 per cent offers. The Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey & Co, Bain & Co, Kearney, PricewaterhouseCoopers and Accenture were the top recruiters
in the segment.
Recruitment stats of placement 2020:
- Rs. 28 Lakh- Highest average salary
- Rs. 25.5 lakh- Medium salary
- Consulting sector was the largest recruter with 31% offere
- Top recruiters | The Boston consulting group, McKinsey & Co, Bain & Co, Kearney, PwC and Accenture
- -Marquee Finance and PE-VC firms made 83 offers (17%)
- Top recruiters | BankAm Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Goldman Sachs, Arga Investment Management, Gaja Capital, JP Morgan Chase
- -General management, sales and Marketing added up to 30% offers
- Top recruiters | TAS, Aditya Birla, M&M, reliance, Vedanta, TrueNorth, HUL, colgate-Palmolive, ITC
- -Product management had 22% offers
- Top recruiters | microsoft, Google, amazon, Flipkart, Udaan, EXL Service, American Express, HCL, UnitedHealth group (Optum) and Mastercard
Marquee finance, private equity and venture capital firms made 83 offers. Several established names such as Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Goldman Sachs, Arga Investment Management, Gaja Capital, JP Morgan Chase and others extended top roles to the 55th batch of the institute.
"Such prize offers demonstrate the high value of the education imparted in the institute and our students' remarkable skills and capabilities," IIM Calcutta Director Prof. Anju Seth said.
General management and sales and marketing roles comprised 30 per cent of the total offers while 22 per cent was rolled out in product management, IT/analytics and operations domains.
The institute said 108 companies have made 362 domestic and international offers to its students.