UPSC Result 2019: UPSC announces Civil services final exam results, Kanishak Kataria topsThe Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced results of Civil Services Final exam. Kanishak Kataria has topped the prestigious exam, while Srushti Jayant Deshmukh is topper among women. Akshat Jain has secured the All India second rank, while Junaid Ahmed stood third in the Civil Services Final exam.
Top Highlights of UPSC Civil services final exam result:
- 759 candidates (577 men and 182 women) recommended for appointment to IAS, IPS etc.
- UPSC civil services final exam results: Top 25 candidates comprise 15 men, 10 women.
- UPSC announces results of civil services final exam; Kanishak Kataria tops, Srushti Jayant Deshmukh is topper among women.
- The top 25 candidates have graduated in subjects like Engineering; Sciences; Economics; Law; Mathematics; History; Political Science; Public administration and Commerce from premier institutions of the country such as IITs, NIT, NLU, BITS Pilani, DU, Mumbai University, Anna University, Pune University.
- Namrata Jain from naxal affected Dantewada in Chhattisgarh has secured all India rank 12.
Here are the top 10 scorers in UPSC IAS Exam 2018
1. Kanishak Kataria
2. Akshat Jain
3. Junaid Ahmad
4. Shreyans Kumat
5. Srushti Jayant Deshmukh
6. Shubham Gupta
7. Karnati Varun Redyy
8. Vaishali Singh
9. Gunjan Dwivedi
10. Tanmay Vashistha Sharma
Click here to check your UPSC Civil services final exam results
Here is the complete list of top 20 UPSC toppers:
The statement by the UPSC said: “Based on the results of the written part of Civil Services Examination, 2018 held by the Union Public Service Commission in September-October, 2018 and the interviews for Personality Test held in February-March, 2019, following is the list, in order of merit, of candidates who have been recommended for appointment to:
(i) Indian Administrative Service; (ii) Indian Foreign Service; (iii) Indian Police Service; and (iv) Central Services, Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ ”
Students can also check official website upsc.gov.in to access their results alternatively.
Who is Kanishak Kataria?
Kanishak Kataria, a B.Tech from IIT Bombay, has topped the civil services final examination 2018, results of which were announced by the UPSC on Friday. Kataria belongs to SC category and qualified the examination with mathematics as his optional subject. He is a B.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering).
Know about UPSC Civil services exams:
The main examination was held from September 28, 2018 followed by interviews. February 4 onwards, personality test or interview of the selected candidates commenced.
There are two successive stages for the Civil Services Examination: 1) Preliminary (objective type) for the selection of candidates for the main examination 2) Civil Services (Main) Examination (written and interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts.