People's power is of great significance in a democracy: PM Modi in 'Mann ki Baat'New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today addressed the 12th edition of his All India Radio (AIR) programme 'Mann Ki Baat'.Highlights:* This is your #MannKiBaat. This makes very happy: PM Modi* Sandeep ji, what all
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today addressed the 12th edition of his All India Radio (AIR) programme 'Mann Ki Baat'.
* This is your #MannKiBaat. This makes very happy: PM Modi
* Sandeep ji, what all will you want me to do. I appreciate your enthusiasm: PM Modi to Sandeep
* See what Sandeep is telling me - You should do #MannKiBaat weekly. I get very inspired.
* I urge youth to register as voters and go out and vote when the time comes. Pehle matdaan, fir jalpaan: PM Modi
* I want to congratulate the election commission. Earlier it was a regulator now it is facilitator & has become very voter friendly: PM Modi
* Bhargavi is right. Every voter is a Bhagya Vidhata of the nation: PM Modi
* Bhargavi has a message for PM Mod - please encourage youth to vote.
* It is a matter of joy for me that I can host this family (Bose family) at my residence. They are coming from various nations: PM Modi
* last week got confirmation that 50 family members of Subhas Chandra Bose will visit me at PM residence. Honored by this: PM Modi
* I wanted to invite the entire family of Subhas Bose to my residence and in October over 50 family members will come to 7RCR: PM
* There is something I am very happy to share. In May I went to Kolkata where I met family of Subhas Babu: PM Modi
* Even buy Khadi and handloom during festivals. I am not saying use only Khadi but give it some place in your lives: PM Modi
* I am again making an appeal for 2nd October, please buy some Khadi & handloom: PM Modi
* Parliament talks about cleanliness now, I am also criticised for it but I do not consider this to be a bad thing: PM Modi
* Get dustbins put everywhere: Small child to PM Modi
* See the strength of democracy. A small child has given me his orders: PM Modi
* History was recreated at Shauryanjali. We have always heard about the valour of our forces: PM Modi
* Spent a lot of time with Armed personnel at Shauryanjali. I was supposed to be there for 30 mins but spent much more than that: PM
* Pawan's message is right. Diyas do help the environment. I urge you all to follow what Pawan said: PM Modi
* Pawan from Alwar has a message - On Diwali use Mitti Diyas. This will help the environment and will help the poor as well.
* One would feel there is negativity all around but the phone calls, they had so many suggestions and so much positivity: PM Modi
* Isn't this kind of a silent revolution? This is an example of people's power: PM Modi
* #Siachen to #Kutch to Kamrup, from #Kashmir to #Kanyakumari over fifty thousand calls have been received; and I am happy: PM Modi
* I have tried something new this time- asked people to share their questions through telephone. I got over 55,000 calls: PM Modi
* Lakhs of families have given up their gas subsidies. These are not rich people. This is also a silent revolution: PM
* I had urged you all to buy some Khadi and I am happy the sales have increased so much. This is realisation of Jan Shakti: PM Modi
* PM recalls the response to #SelfieWithDaughter and #IncredibleIndia generated across India and the world: PM Modi
* #MannKiBaat showcased Samajh Ki Shakti (strength of the people in a society): PM Modi
* The lakhs of letters taught me invaluable lessons. I got to know about the issues in the Government: PM Modi
* I sought inputs from you, I would take up a few of them but so many people contributed: PM Modi
* One of fundamental principles of governance is, information must follow from bottom to top & guidance must follow from top to bottom: PM Modi
* Various departments of the government analyzed these suggestions given by the people: PM Modi
* The millions of suggestions I've received for Mann Ki Baat have taught me an important lesson: PM Modi
* People's power is of great significance in a democracy: PM Narendra Modi
Last week, 'grand alliance' comprising Congress, JD(U) and RJD had moved the Election Commission seeking suspension of the Prime Minister's radio address until completion of the Bihar elections. They alleged that the programme would give Modi and the BJP an unfair advantage.
The Election Commission, however, rejected the appeal saying the there shall be no mechanism to try and influence the voters in Bihar as the model code of conduct is in place for the upcoming assembly polls.
'Mann Ki Baat' is Modi's monthly radio programme in which he addresses the nation. The programme was officially launched on October 3 last year.