Top 10 quotes of PM Modi at UN summitNew York: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday made a strong pitch for reforms in the UN security council while addressing the United Nations Sustainable Development Summit.The prime minister's 18-minute Hindi speech, in which he
New York: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday made a strong pitch for reforms in the UN security council while addressing the United Nations Sustainable Development Summit.
The prime minister's 18-minute Hindi speech, in which he also recited certain shlokas, touched upon various issues including UNSC reforms, poverty eradication international partnerships,sustainable energy,climate change, education and women empowerment.
Here are PM Modi's top ten quotes that puts hims in the league of top world leaders.
* We must reform the UN, including its Security Council, so that it has greater credibility and legitimacy.
* We should a create a world where everyone feels protected and respected.*
* Eradicating poverty is the top priority for us. We have launched several programmes to empower the poor. Education and skill development are priorities for us.
* For the people of India, it is a matter of satisfaction that there are many similarities between the path India has chosen for development and the UN goals for sustainable development.
* The world talks of public and private sector. We are looking at the personal sector. This means individual enterprise, innovation...
* Mahatma Gandhi had said that we should be concerned about the future that we won't be able to see. Our next generation should be raised to protect the environment.
* Women empowerment is important to us.'Beti bachao, beti padhao' has become chief feature of our women empowerment programme.
* The world is connected and dependant on each other. Our international partnerships need to be centred on progress of humanity.
* I represent a culture where the earth is considered our mother. We see the entire world as one family.
* There are 1.3 billion people living in state of poverty worldwide. If we all want the world to be peaceful and development for the world, poverty needs to be tackled.
PM Modi ended his speech with a mantra from the Upanishad: ॐ सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः, सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः । सर्वे भद्राणि पश्यन्तु, मा कश्चिद्दुःखभाग्भवेत् (May all be happy, may all be healthy, may all see welfare, may no one have any sorrow).
You can also watch the video here