Father's Day special: Do you know these things related to the day?Summer vacations are coming to an end. You all must be busy enjoying the holidays with loads of fun- playing games, watching TV, going to nana-nani place or even joining some hobby classes. After all
Summer vacations are coming to an end. You all must be busy enjoying the holidays with loads of fun- playing games, watching TV, going to nana-nani place or even joining some hobby classes. After all the vacations are no less than a celebration.
But amidst the gala time each one of us had during the summer vacation, there is another day of celebration coming up. A day dedicated to the actual heroes of our lives – our “Dads”.
Yes, we are talking about the Father's Day. It's a day when each father in the world should feel special for all that he always does for his kids.
Ever since the celebration of Father's day began in 1910, there have been various beliefs and rituals about it. So as you gear yourself up for celebrating this day, here are some of the interesting facts related to Father's day:
1. The credit of initiating the concept of celebrating Father's Day goes to America's Sonora Smart Dodd.
2. Over 50 countries celebrate Father's Day on the third Sunday of June.
3. Do you know the title of being the youngest dad has been given to a 13 year old kid? Yes, it's true. 13 year old Alfie Patten of Britain had allegedly impregnated his girlfriend, Chantelle Steadman who was 15 at that time. Steadman gave birth to a baby girl Maisie Roxanne with Patten. Though titled as youngest dad in the world, his name still remains controversial whether he deserves the title or not.
4. The title of the world's oldest father is given to a farmer from India, named Nanu Ram Jogi. Jogi became a father at the age of 90 in 2007 to his 21st child.
5. In Thailand, king's birthday is also celebrated as the Father's Day and donations are made on this day.
6. Though a red rose symbolises Valentine's Day in some countries, in some others, it symbolises Father's Day. Infact people wear red dress on the day which means that their father is alive while wearing a white dress on this day symbolises death.
7. In some countries, there is ritual of gifting a tie to fathers on Father's Day.
8. It is believed that the word “Dad” came into existence since 16th century.
9. It is believed that the first Father's day was celebrated in 1910 in a church in West Virginia. However some believe that it was first celebrated in Vancouver, Washington.