How to get Marilyn Monroe and Sophia Loren like cat eye make-upLos Angeles: Hollywood stars like Marilyn Monroe and Sophia Loren and the new guard of starlets including Lupita Nyong'o and Gwen Stefani have made cat eye make-up iconic.Here's how to get the perfect cat eye
Los Angeles: Hollywood stars like Marilyn Monroe and Sophia Loren and the new guard of starlets including Lupita Nyong'o and Gwen Stefani have made cat eye make-up iconic.
Here's how to get the perfect cat eye make-up, reports people.com:
* Step one: Prime your lids with pressed powder. This creates a smooth base for your liner to easily glide over.
* Step two: Start lining at the inner corner of your eye. Keep the line thin and as close to your lashes as possible. Practice on the back of your hand first to see exactly how much pressure you'll need to distribute the perfect amount of product.
* Step three: As you reach your iris, press a little harder on your liner pen or brush to make the line a bit thicker. Continue lining until you reach the end of your eyelid.
* Step four: Starting where you just left off, angle the “flick” up-and-out towards the tail-end of your eyebrow.
* Step five: Now, trace over the top of your entire line, from the tip of the “flick” all the way to your inner corner. This will smooth it all into one seamless, up-swept line.
* Step six: Repeat on the other eye. Once you're all lined-up, step about two feet back from your mirror to check for symmetry.