Must-haves for a good night's sleepLos Angeles: Take a quick bath or use ear plugs to get sound sleep at night.Here are a few things you can do to have a comfortable time sleeping, reports huffingtonpost.com.* A bath: Body temperature
Los Angeles: Take a quick bath or use ear plugs to get sound sleep at night.
Here are a few things you can do to have a comfortable time sleeping, reports huffingtonpost.com.
* A bath: Body temperature naturally dips about two hours before bedtime. A soak in the tub temporarily lifts your temperature resulting in a quick cooldown after you hop out of it - can be relaxing.
* Ear plugs: These are a simple and inexpensive way to make your sleep even more quiet. They can help block out not only those traffic noises but a snoring bed partner or even the hum of electronics.
* A good pillow: Most of us can appreciate the value of a good mattress but we don't always place such importance upon our pillows. But, your pillow might be the reason you're not sleeping well. Your sleep style plays a big role in the type of pillow you'll need, since it should ideally fill the gap between your head and shoulders when you lie down, keeping your head in perfect alignment to avoid neck pain.
* An eye mask: Bright light and sleep don't go hand in hand, but the effects may be bigger than you realise. Even the seemingly innocuous glow of an alarm clock can send a message to your brain to stay awake and alert, so covering up with a mask can preserve your sleep haven.
* The right combination of sheets and blankets: Bedding is crucial in maintaining the perfect temperature for sleep, and losing the covers can easily leave you either too hot or too cold on a regular basis. Luckily, you don't have to follow any rules of sheets and blankets, since it's mostly a matter of personal preference, but that does mean it might take some trial and error.